Dec 14 | Medical Cannabis Certification and Recertification Event | Odenton-Severn, MD – Patch.com
Thirty-minute cannabis education and certification event for qualifying medical cannabis patients
Did you know that medical cannabis has been available in Maryland for two years now? Thousands of patients have turned to cannabis as an alternative treatment for their chronic health conditions, and the feedback has been amazing! However, we’ve noticed that many people are still confused about how to become a cannabis patient in Maryland and, more importantly, how to use the plant effectively as a medicine. If you have been thinking of turning to cannabis as a medical alternative but don’t know where to start, you’ll want to join us for this event!
The following medical conditions** qualify for medical cannabis use in Maryland: – PTSD –
– Chronic or severe pain
– Severe nausea
– Muscle spasms
– Anorexia, cachexia, or wasting syndrome – Any health condition that a physician feels can be effectively treated with cannabis
**If you are unsure whether your condition qualifies for medical cannabis certification, please call 410.672.2700 for further clarification.
Please bring the following:
– Government-issued ID and proof of Maryland residence
– Print out of diagnoses, list of medications, progress notes, etc from your patient portal
– Pharmacy print out of medication history
– Documentation such as X-ray, CT, MRI report
– Disability paperwork or VA paperwork
– Physical therapy, chiropractic, or acupuncture notes
– Any other official document stating medical history/condition
– Fee for medical evaluation and certification: $150 for event RSVPs ($25 deposit due at time of RSVP, remaining balance or $125 due at event).-
– NEW $50 STATE FEE* for mandatory patient ID card, due at time of registration and must be paid with a Visa or Mastercard.
*As of January 1, 2019, the state is REQUIRING all patients to purchase a physical ID card at the time of registering. There is a $50 fee for this process that goes directly to the state and is separate from the physician‘s fee. The fee must be paid with a Visa or Mastercard at the time of registration. Your state ID card will be good for 3 years.
If registrants want to expedite the process of receiving their medical cannabis card from the state, they can submit their application online here . Please be sure to read ALL the instructions to avoid having your application returned (which just delays the process). If this step is too confusing, we can take care of it at the event!
*30 minute educational presentation will start promptly at 9am!
Contact us @ A Better You, 410.672.2700.
This article originally appeared here in https://patch.com/maryland/odenton/calendar/event/20191214/719520/medical-cannabis-certification-and-recertification-event