General knowledge quiz questions from the last five years – Coventry Telegraph
Have you been paying attention over the last five years? Let’s put that to the test!
CoventryLive has come up with 10 questions for each of the last five years – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
They cover a range of subjects – trivia, music, TV, geography, politics, you name it.
They might work well for a family quiz, with many people meeting up on conference calls during the coronavirus lockdown – you’ll find the answers below.
It might just be that you want to have a go – if so, let us know how you got on at the CoventryLive Facebook page.
1. Mrs Merton and Royle Family star Caroline Aherne died this year. What popular Channel 4 series did she narrate until 2016?
2. Which free to play game was launched in July and has since been downloaded more than 500 million times making it a global phenomenon?
3. Prince had a long and influential music career during which he changed his name and was referred to as “The Artist Formerly Known as Prince” or simply “The Artist” or just a Symbol, but what was his real full name?
4. Which ‘must have’ technology of the 70s to the 2000s ceased production this year with the final one manufactured by the Japanese company Funai?
5. In July Solar Impulse 2 became the first what to circumnavigate the Earth?
Coventry news. Free. To your inbox
You can get your Coventry and Warwickshire news straight to your email inbox – and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is sign up here.
The emails come out twice a day, at lunchtime and in the evening, with the latest news, what’s on and sport from across Coventry and Warwickshire.
6. Muhammad Ali died this year – who did he label his best ever opponent?
7. Liberia was officially cleared of which deadly tropical virus meaning there were no known cases left in West Africa?
8. In June, a survey showed that what has shrunk by more than 3.9 million square kilometres since 2006 and could be repaired by 2050?
9. Rickrolling became a phenomenon this year – which singer is it named after?
10. Which female comedian who sang “‘Not bleakly, Not meekly, Beat me on the bottom with a Woman’s Weekly” died this year?
2. Pokemon Go
3. Prince Rogers Nelson
4. Video Cassette Recorder (VCR)
5. Solar-powered aircraft
6. Joe Frazier
8. The hole in the ozone layer
9. Rick Astley
10. Victoria Wood
1. The first host of Channel 4 quiz show Fifteen to One died this year – what was his name?
2. This loveable character along with trainer Ashleigh was the first such act to win Britain’s Got Talent.
3. What was the name of the tower where dozens died in a horrific fire?
4. Which country received international derision for test firing a ballistic missile across the Sea of Japan?
5. Montenegro joined NATO this year – alongside the likes of Serbia, what country did it previously form part of?
6. Christine Keeler, who died in December, was an English model and showgirl who became involved in a scandal involving which politician?
7. Which European country did Catalonia declare independence from in 2017?
8. Robert Mugabe was placed under house arrest while Prime Minister of which country?
9. Which country was banned from the 2018 Olympics this year?
10. This British socialite and friend of the Royal Family, who died in February, was runner-up in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here in 2002
1. William G. Stewart
4. North Korea
6. John Profumo
10. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson
1. President Trump announced his intention to withdraw from the nuclear agreement with which country in 2018?
2. Which country hosted the 2018 Winter Olympic Games?
3. What country became the last to allow women to drive in 2018?
4. Tom Hardy plays investigative journalist Eddie Brock in which Marvel Comics superhero film released in October 2018?
5. Bradley Cooper’s directorial debut sees Cooper’s character fall for a young singer played by Lady Gaga? What is the film’s title?
6. Which country became the first major industrialised country to legalise cannabis for recreational use?
7. Which British actress plays Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins Returns?
8. Which British alt-rock band won the 2018 Mercury Prize for their second album ‘Visions of a Life’?
9. UK number one album Scorpion was the fifth studio album of which Canadian rapper?
10. Who became the first female Doctor Who this year?
2. South Korea
3. Saudi Arabia
5. A Star is Born
7. Emily Blunt
8. Wolf Alice
10. Jodie Whittaker
1. What unusual task did Angela Kelly, the Queen’s dresser, confess to performing for Her Majesty?
2. Which actress was accused of hypocrisy, actually, after jetting to London from L.A to join a climate change protest.
3. Why, according to Prince Andrew, would he never need deodorant at a certain point in his life?
4. Name the serial killer played by Jodie Comer in hit series Killing Eve?
5. What did Harry and Meghan name their first born?
6. Developed so that it can last for up to a year what type of fruit is a Cosmic Crisp?
7. Which team won the 2019 Cricket World Cup?
8. In January which bakery chain launched a meat free version of its sausage roll?
9. Who won the Premier League in 2019?
10. Who directed the 2019 Netflix film ‘The Irishman’ starring Robert De Nero and Al Pacino?
1. Wearing in her shoes
2. Emma Thompson
3. He claimed not to sweat
9. Manchester City
10. Martin Scorsese
1. Which Brooklyn rapper had a UK number one in March 2020 with Roses?
2. Which basketball star died in a helicopter crash?
3. Which picturesque village was Dominic Cummings driving to when it created a furore?
4. What was the name of the Netflix documentary about Joe Exotic that got everyone talking
5. Rose Byrne, Salma Hayek, Lisa Kudrow star in which 2020 film about two friends who start a beauty business together?
6. Who is the current Secretary of State for Education?
7. Will Smith and which other main star reprise their roles in ‘Bad Boys for Life’?
8. Best known for the song ‘Stay With Me’, which English singer released ‘To Die For’ in 2020?
9. Which actor plays Dr. Ivo Robotnik in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie?
10. An airline crashed in Iran this year – where was it flying from?
1. SAINt JHN
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Barnard Castle
4. Tiger King
5. Like a Boss
6. Rishi Sunak
7. Gavin Williamson
8. Sam Smith
9. Jim Carrey
This article originally appeared here in https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/family-kids-news/general-knowledge-quiz-questions-last-18452574